Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Foligno, Perugia.

Foligno is an ancient town of Italy in the province of Perugia in east central Umbria, on the Topino river where it leaves the Apennines and enters the wide plain of the Clitunnoriver system. It is located 40 km (25 mi) south-east of Perugia, 10 km (6 mi) north-north-west of Trevi and 6 km (4 mi) south of Spello.

When we went off to Assisi for our celebration weekend last month we decided to stop and take a stroll round the town of Foligno en route. Our guidebook had nothing at all to say about this Umbrian town, but you can find out more by checking out the Wikipedia entry. Wikipedia Foligno. It was indeed very quiet when we were there but it is not a town that I imagine is on the average tourists list. If you want to see something of the real Italy is is worth a visit.

I was planning to share some collages of our visit, but as you will read further on this is not going to happen, so sharing some individual photos instead. The full album can be viewed at Flickr.com. 
Umbria Weekend Foligno April 2012







My apologies for the rather unimaginative post, but once again I am working from the iPad which has limited ability for posting as it does not support Adobe Flash Player. I am now taking another enforced blogging break until my VAIO has been fully repaired. There was a setback as it needs to be reprogrammed with all the specific Sony VAIO features. 

If you are able to do so please join me on the Facebook page for News From Italy, the link can be found in the sidebar, where I am continuing to share snippets of  News From Italy.

This post is published on News From Italy and Travel Tales. Back soon I hope!


32 comments:

  1. Any pictures of Italy cannot be described as unimaginative. As always, it's lovely to see a little glimpse through your camera lens. I'm off to visit some friends who used to live in Aviano and now live near Fort Worth, Texas, we're sure to reminisce about holidays I spent with them.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lovely, quiet town. I'm impressed you can do this much with your iPad. I don't know how to add photos in blogger from my iPad, and if I add them from my desktop and go to edit the post from my iPad, all the photos just disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to learn that you are still experiencing problems. Your tenacity to sort out the computer will pay off in the end I am sure. Lovely pictures of Foligno - Italian towns are so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you are still having computer problems, there is nothing worse when you are so used to using it on a daily basis for all sorts of contacts. As you know I am not on Facebook so I will have to wait until you return here. I have to admit to preferring the photos like this instead of in a collage I can see them so much better!! It looks a really pretty place. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, it is a pretty town and your photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing yoru trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful architecture and i just adore this turtle, i think that contemporary art enhances so well the old stones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely Italian village to put a smile of delight on my face LindyLou. Thank you. I love the shrine to Our Lady, I myself have a great collection of photos of shrines from my travels.

    The big turtle is really something! I bet children love it!

    I hope you get your computer sorted soon, and like Diane I am one of those Non-Facebookers so eagerly await your return to the Blogging World :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful photos, Linda. Thank you for sharing! :) I've enjoyed each one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos tell the story. Its beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your photos look great! I hope you get your Sony Vaio fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first image of the arches is charming. An Ipad is very difficult to blog from. I know you will get is all fixed soon and be up and running-tech problems are always annoying to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I wouldn't call this an unimaginative post! Love the individual photos; so charming!

    I dumped my Sony Vaio about 3 years ago for an iMac and never looked back. If you have the budget, I would highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buildings are amazing. What a beautiful place this is, I could just see myself walking down the streets. Thanks for sharing. Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  14. It always amuses me that Italian guidebooks often don't mention places that if they were in some other country, would merit several pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful places. I hope that you'll solve the problem of your computer.
    I believe Sony.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One day I hope to visit Italy. Even the colors of the buildings are warm. I hope you get your technical difficulties sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never seen this kind of town ever before.Just heard about this in stories only.

    Its really awesome and wants to know more about Foligno,Perugia.

    Thanks for this information. Keep updating this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cars seems to be small in there. Well, most of Europe likes small cars. Here in the US they love their huge SUV's. The architecture is marvelous. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super photos -- such a classic Umbrian town--lovely. Think I briefly visited it many many years ago on the way to Spoleto from Perugia & Assisi.

    Hope laptop is ok soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous old town. One of these days I'll make it to Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will look forward to seeing all your photos Lindy...I do hope that you will get a chance to visit Cortona on your trip back south. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeously pretty town!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos of a wonderful place. No doubt you've managed to capture and display Foligno with all your soul and beauty. I loved this series.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely photos, especially the little Fiat (want want). The town looks absolutely pristine and I'm missing Italy again.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful images, your posts always make me want to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everything is beautiful about this post. Love all the photos. It makes me wish I could visit Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cherry blossom header is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the fabulous pictures of Italy. I have been to Italy several times and always wished I could stay longer. I know you are enjoying yourself beyond measure.
    Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty town. I love that turtle and that cute little car makes me grin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for visiting my blog and you are right, I'm loving yours! Oh, to live life in Italy....a dream of mine for sure. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful photos from this place or city. Beautiful impressions !
    Have a nice weekend, Linda. Kind regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  31. It seems a lovely place to visit!
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful shots;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!