Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Song – Amici Finalists 2011 - Virginio Simonelli – Annalisa Scarrone

 

Virginio e Annalisa

Last Sunday evening March 6th 2011 was the final of the tenth edition of the Italian talent show Amici. This year there were three dancers and two singers in the final with a winner in both categories.

The two singing finalists were Virginio Simonelli and Annalisa Scarrone, the winner was decided by audience telephone voting and was neck and neck all evening with the outcome of Virginio winning the public vote and therefore the Amici winner. It was a successful evening also for Annalisa as she won the critics prize and they are both now professional singers with recording contracts to their names. It will be interesting to see what happens to both their careers, as they both now live their dream.

I was a little surprised to discover that Virginio Simonelli has in fact been pursuing a singing career for some years and in 2006 participated unsuccessfully in the youth section of the San Remo Festival, although an album ‘ Virginio’ was released and is available on Italian i-tunes as is the new one ‘Finalmente’ Virginio was born in Fondi, Italy on the 31 January 1985 and has lived in Milan for the last seven years.

Virginio, Virginio2006 Album ‘Virginio’        Victorious!    Virginio Simonelli - Pagina UfficialeOfficial Facebook Page     Finalmente (Bonus Track Version), Virginio‘Finalmente’ 2011 Album

Virginio Simonelli - Dolce Notte – Sweet Night

 

Courtesy of ilarietta773

The words in Italian for Dolce Notte are on the screen of the video so I have just included a not perfect translation into English.

Now lay those thoughts under your pillow
tries to forget
Watch the air while the world moves smoothly, without making any noise
Now all that force that keeps you close let get away
Love tonight I'll take you with me
Love will guide you tonight because
If before I had a feeling it is only now that I have for me
Sweet night
Now I'll stay and watch while I try to forget in an instant let go of what is trying to start slips slightly
Love tonight I'll take you with me
Love will guide you tonight because
If before I had a feeling it is only now that I have for me
Sweet night (3x)
Love tonight I'll take you with me
Love will guide you tonight because
If before I had a feeling it is only now that I have for me
Sweet night

 

Annalisa Scarrone was born in Savona, Italy on the 5 August 1985 and she still lives in the same province with her parents, who have always encouraged her passion for music. Her first album entitled ‘Nali’ was released on 4 March 2011 and is available on Italian i-tunes

 

 Annalisa Scarrone Nali ‘Nali’  her first album     Critics Award 

  Annalisa Scarrone - Pagina UfficialeOfficial Facebook Page

 

Annalisa Scarrone-Diamante lei e luce lui- Diamonds for her and light for him

Courtesy of MikaelFloris24

The words in Italian for Diamante lei e luce lui are on the screen of the video so I have just included a not perfect translation into English.

Tonight the light, you feel important,
looks in the mirror, looking elegant
and there is nothing in the world that can distract
by so much beauty that his diamond is.
The embrace, rejoice, lift if ever fall,
defend, always will be, her diamond and light it.
The embrace, rejoice, cry if you raise
defend, forgive her and diamond is light and he
Forever, forever.
Diamond feels special tonight,
colours the mind, in its entirety,
and there is darkness and solitude
has no power since there is light.
The embrace, rejoice, lift if ever fall,
defend, always you will diamond and light it.
The embrace, rejoice, cry if you raise,
defend, forgive her and diamond is light and he
Forever, forever.
Paint the mind in its entirety tonight
and I always light and you will diamond.

 

More Sunday Songs can be found by visiting Sunday Song at 5 Minutes Just for Me and Sunday Session at Doireallywannablog 

both Australian blogs.

Sunday Session

 

Buono Domenica Tutti

19 comments:

  1. Congratulation to the winners! It's wonderful that artists nowadays has that opportunity to advance their careers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. IcyBC@ Yes it is and for a reality show it is actually quite interesting as they attend a school and are made to work hard for the few moths they are there as students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carine! Actually I don't follow Amici, so thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the post. It is very interesting to see what is going on in Italian shows. Especially in two popular fields-music and cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful voices. Loved hearing them sing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually think I like her voice better than his...but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice songs. I love hearing music all the way from Italy for your Sunday Song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buon Domenica anche a te, Linda. Grazie per le canzoni.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting. Kind of like the US American Idol. I think this year has the most talent of all ten seasons. Being able to sing is such a gift... a gift to share with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I've been rather slow on the uptake but I've just realised that your Italian must be superb to translate these songs so well. Did you learn Italian before you moved there?

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindy do you enjoy watching the beautiful José as much as my daughter does!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welshcakes@ I am delighted you found it informative.

    Thea@ I think it is fun that you are enjoying listening to Italian music in Australia.

    Rosaria@ Un piacere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Celia@ Oh yes I think he is gorgeous, it was great this season as there were more dancers doing well in the competition so we got to see some wonderful professional dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for coming by and following. I am now YOUR newest follower, too...Maybe we'll meet in the middle and have a glass of wine and CHOCOLATE.:))
    I want to read more of your blog..it is very interesting.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the last song! I love when you have music so I can think that I am on vacation. :) I used to love hearing all the international songs on Lufthansa when I used to visit my grandparents in Germany. This makes me think of that wonderful time. I hope you are doing great!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi LindyLouMac! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! My husband is a native Italian from Calabria. He always enjoys listening to contemporary Italian music so I'll have to show him this post. Please visit me again often!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, thanks for dropping by my blog via the lovely Maureen.
    I've been having a lovely time looking at all the Italian loveliness and getting nostaligic (I lived for a short time in Florence) - I look forward to reading more in future - Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Annalisa Scarrone song. I could listen to that all day and not even care that I don't understand the words. Great choices for the week!

    Sorry I haven't been by for a while. I have been busy doing doing "Mum" things these last couple of weeks and have also worked at Maddy's school for a few days. Thanks for tweeting me!

    Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

    Best wishes and thanks for joining in with Sunday Song.
    Natasha.xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!