Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Song and Vacation Post

This will be my last posting at least from Italian soil for the next three weeks as tomorrow we depart on a very exciting adventure. We are off to Hong Kong to visit our eldest daughter and her boyfriend who have been living there since last July.
Hong Kong is somewhere we have always wanted to visit since my father often spoke with affection of his time there duriing his National Service.  Sadly he is now only with us in sprit, but I know he would be thrilled to know that his daughter and grandaughters have both followed in his footsteps and visited such an interesting city. Although obviously he would not recognise the place these days.
If it is at all possible I will post,maybe a photo or two at least, while I am away but if I don't manage it I will be back soon and hopefully Spring will have arrived here in Italy.

Meanwhile I leave you with a Sunday Song

"Per Tutte le Volte Che" ("For All the Times That"),




This is sung by Valerio Scanu the nineteen year old winner of this years SanRemo Festival.  
 A new face on the pop music scene here in Italy, Valerio came second in last year's edition of "Amici de Maria De Filippi" ("Friends of Maria De Filippi"), which is a talent show for budding entertainers.   It seems to be fairly successful in discovering new talent as the 2009 Sanremo winner, Marco Carta was the winner of the talent show the previous year. 
In fact this song was written by one of this year's current contestants a young singer songwriter called Pierdavide Carone.   The winner of this years Amici will not be known for another few weeks

8 comments:

  1. Have a super time, and a safe flight. Cannot wait to see and read all about your trip..I am sure you will have fantastic photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hong Kong! That is so fantastic, and I hope you do post some images (or in my case, some interesting restaurant/food pics). Have a safe and wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh! What a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it and see your amazing photos! HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip to Hong Kong. It is somewhere that I would like to visit. I look forward to seeing your photos and hearing what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, hope you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the pics and I hope you have an amazing trip !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments, now home again and looking forward to gradually telling you all about the wonderful time we have had.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!