Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Evolution of the Mini



When we were last in Viterbo we parked next to a very old but lovingly restored  Mini.   It struck me then how very small it was in its original incarnation and how much it has evolved to become the 21st Century Mini.



Uploaded on February 22, 2010
by LindyLouMac Photo Collection



Uploaded on February 22, 2010
by LindyLouMac Photo Collection






view photostreamUploaded on February 15, 2010
by hwayderr90



Seeing it certainly brought back some memories from the sixties!
I never had one myself but a boyfriend did, how about you?


Which do you prefer old or new? I think for me it has to be the old one but then I am a nostalgic when it comes to old cars. For instance I love the old Fait 500 as well, but that can be for another time!

13 comments:

  1. I can see myself in that cute blue one. I had a VW beetle back in the 70's that I loved and kept for years. I'm a short woman; I prefer tiny cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old and the new Linda. The old mini is so sweet, but the new one is rather lovely. And I feel exactly the same about the Fiat 500!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbor has an old Mini like this. I love it, but it's tiny, kind of like matchbox car! I guess I'm not sure what the new Mini looks like though, so I can't compare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the mini.

    It has become a bit of a poncy car now.

    Not helped by BIL buying one.

    I love the 500 to bits, but don't want to be in the bits that are left of one should it get hit by anything bigger than an Ape.

    The Ape being my all time favorite "car". But I know the second I got in it it would tip over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both the old and the new with a slight preference for the old.

    We see a lot of minis in SF because they are so easy to park in small spaces.

    I've never been in one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are realllly small! I can't imagine traveling in them as I could never pack light, lol!

    Thanks for stopping by to check on me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the minis here and cinquecentos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Great shots. I prefer the old Mini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes the original mini is by far the best. A friend had a dark green mini cooper in the 60s, it was fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the old Mini. Just love that classic look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them both! I actually have a 2007 Mini that I absolutely adore. I traded up from the 13 year old red Minivan to the brand spanking new red Mini cooper. I will never drive a minivan again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. Well, better late than never sending my response on the question of the Mini!! I LOVE the original minis. I had a Mini Cooper S back in those days and it was fabulous. Went like a bat out of hell and sounded like a Formula 1 racing car! If only I could have afforded to keep it and spend the money on it that it deserved, I'd now have a valuable classic car. Still, never mind. My sister bought one of the last 'proper' minis ever made and still has it - it's black with cream stripe and cream wing mirrors - very chic - and she always keeps it in tip top condition - it's always sparkling clean, not like my car which looks as if it's been reclaimed from an iron age soot heap!! The modern Mini I don't care for - quite a snappy little piece and very good if you didn't have the original minis to compare it with. But no personality - the originals had personality and that's in short supply now with cars, I think. The Citroen Deux Chevaux had it in spades but I'm struggling to think of anything else - just possibly the Ford Ka (original ones) but they seem to have stopped making those - I don't seem to have seen one for ever. Oh well - one will just have to fall back on the Aston Martin.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!