Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Autumn Snapshots












We are enjoying some glorious weather at the moment with clear blue skies and temperatures of around 20C.

Yesterday afternoons sunshine encouraged me to go out for a walk, of course taking my camera along, when I really should have been finishing the ironing.

No contest, it was much more fun to be out exploring the hedgerows and taking these snapshots of autumn, than being at home ironing shirts!


This is just a selection of the 50 + photos I took yesterday afternoon, if you are interested in viewing the full set, please ask me and I will send an invite for you to do so via my account at www.flickr.com








What do you think of the guy guarding the persimmon?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love persimmon trees, a bit later on they look like "natural" xmas trees, all those bright orange baubles standing out in the rather dull landscape.

    Must say it is very colourful where you live, a bit less jazzy already in Lomellina, too soon for my winter flowering shrubs to cheer me up and the end of the late flowers is already over.

    I need to find another copy of the Readers Digest 4 seasons book to see what I can get to plug the gap, I have a horrible feeling I left it in one of the garden centres and it got "adopted".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Sarah. I think it must be this glorious weather that has kept the colours so sharp this Autumn.

    Yes the persimmon is definitely a contender for a natural Christmas tree look,I discovered another one recently and will post some photos here sometime, the Pomegranate!

    By the way do you know any ways of using the Persimmon, apart from just eating the flesh as it is?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!